Looking for Snapseed for PC for Windows 10, 8.1, 7 then you have found the right place as we have mentioned the latest version for Snapseed for PC.
Ushering into today’s era of social networking, you might have heard about the illustrious photo editing application, a.k.a Snapseed. At the moment this application is readily available on both the celebrated mobile platforms namely – Android & iOS
In the present era, this software is owned & handled by ‘Google LLC’. This software can be downloaded from the ‘Google Playstore’ on Android, & ‘Appstore’ on iOS. According to current stats, But in this article we will tell you how to Download Snapseed For PC.
It has over 100million downloads in Playstore with a rating of 4.6, & a rating of 4.2 on iOS. We have provided the links below, we suggest you to through with the same.
History of Snapseed-:
Snapseed was initially designed by ‘Nik Software Inc.(1995)’ keeping in mind amateur & professional photographers alike. It was designed for iOS & PC. It was inspired by the simplistic UI of the integrated photo editing tool of Instagram.
However, they added a lot of premium editing tools, which make the software quite versatile, (i.e, anybody without any prior knowledge of editing can use it & also professionals can get a good bit of editing done on the go.)
This company was later acquired by ‘Google’, which leads us to the application we now use today. Google has kept all the tools that made the application so famous in the first place. And has cultivated it more, so that it becomes even more desirable for enthusiasts. Using it on PC makes it really easy to work so here we list how to Download Snapseed For PC.
Table of Contents
Download Snapseed for PC Windows 10, 8.1, 7
Unlike ‘Nik Software Inc.’, ‘Google LLC’, did not keep the PC version of the software available, hence, in order to get this software on your PC, there are two different methods that can be used:-
It can either be downloaded & installed directly on your PC from the link given below:-
Note :- Remember, that the above mentioned link will only provide the software that was made by ‘Nik Software Inc.'(i.e, it would be quite old), that means, it is not up to date with the latest tools from Google, or;
It can be used on an emulator like Blue Stack for instance, on your Windows desktop. Here this emultor will create an Android OS environment within your PC, which in-turn will help you to download Snapseed for Android from Playstore. The detailed process would be laid down below.
Quoting the definition from dictionary: In computing, a piece of software or hardware that simulates another system.
Here we are concerned with software simulation of Android on Windows PC.
Below is a list of the best emulators that can be used for this purpose :-
Out of the list, I have personally used ‘Android Studio’s emulator’ & ‘Bluestacks’.
Though for development environment, the prior one is good, but it is a lot of hassle to install & use, so i would recommend downloading & installing the latter one namely : Bluestacks. The download link is provided below:
Characteristic Features :-
Photography is an evocative & passionate maneuver which is as artistic as it is technical.
For every individual, the way of percieving the world through their lenses is subjective, hence, the word ‘photography’ has a different meaning for everyone.
Before going into the available elements inisde the application, let us get the basics out of thge way :
RAW image editing is supported which makes it suitable for Pros.
This software is provided completely free of cost by Google LLC, which makes it the easiest choice to make.
Let us now dive into the details, which makes this software so robust
- The application is segregated into three tabs namely – LOOKS, TOOLS & EXPORT.
- For a quick editing session, like adding a filter, these tab provides some awe-aspiring filters which can make your image subtle or vivid, e.t.c. depending on what you have in mind for that particular image. It has some easy choices like ‘Portrait’, ‘Smooth’, ‘Faded Glow’ to name a few.
- 28 different kind of editing tools which can be used to create a studio-quality photo from a bland one. With an adjustment meter (-100 to +100 with 0 at the center) for almost all tool parameters, it makes it easy to use. They are:-
- Tune image: Several parameters namely brightness, contrast, saturation, ambiance, highlights, shadows & warmth, it is very accurate & creates the basis for editing of your image.
Auto adjustment is also there, which is not always according to your expectation.
- Details: There are two parameters, namely Structure & Sharpening. This Structure parameter is one of the best tools available in this app. It increases the clarity of the picture manifold. You have to use it to believe it.
- Curves: With curve parameters for RGB & luminance to custom set them & some presert curve filters, it is very diverse & is a tool that would be liked by the Professionals.
- White Balance: You can custom set them as per your preference with the help of two parameters namely temperature & tint.
Auto adjustment is also present.
- Crop: You can crop your image to the ideal preset size, out of the ones that are present.
- Rotate: As the name suggests, you can rotate your image to any of the directions available.
- Perspective: You can change the angle of the shots with this tool with the help of the parameters namely : Tilt, rotate, scale & free.
- Expand: With this the photo can be expanded beyond it’s original size.
- Selective: You can brighten up parts of your photo using this tool.
- Brush: With parameters namely ‘Dodge & burn’, ‘Exposure’, ‘Temperature’, & ‘Saturation’, which can be reduced or increased, these can be used to change parts of the image to make it near to perfection. It takes time to edit precisely, but it is absolutely worth it.
- Healing: It can be used to make up for uneven surfaces, cover-up skin marks, e.t.c.
- HDR Scape: With four filters to choose from, & three parameters for each filter, this works great especially with dark photos, HDR allows the entry of light into the dark portions, hence making the image look more pleasing to the eye.
- Glamour Glow: This tool can be readily used for human faces, with several preset filters present with 3 different parameters namely: Glow, Saturation & Warmth.
- Tonal Contrast: With five parameters this can be used to fine-tune an image.
- Drama: With six different filters & two parameters for each, it can provide a D-glam editing experience.
- Vintage: There are 12 vintage color filters to choose from with four parameters & a parameter to blur the edges.
- Grainy Film: This tool with 18 preset filters & 2 parameters for each, can be used to adjust the amount of grains you want in your images.
- Retrolux: This tool with 13 filters & 6 parameters for each can be used to give a retro effect to the photos.
Also the shuffle button can be a lot of fun.
- Grunge: There are 5 textures to choose from along with 5 parameters for each. It also has that shuffle button.
- Black & White : With 6 filters, & 3 parameters, there are a lot of options to choose from. Also there is a colour filter parameter, using which you can control the colours inside the image which should be B&W.
- Noir: With 14 filters & 4 parameters for each, to choose from, you can make your images look out of this world.
- Portrait: With the help of this tool, you can custom edit the eyes, skintone of your face. It also has 9 preset filters for the same.
- Head pose: With it, you can finetune the angle of your head, the length of your smile & size of your pupils.
- Lens blur: You can blur your image with the help of nine different patterns 2 structures & 3 parameters.
- Vignette: With two parameters it can be used for quick editing, which gives your image a good sense of contrast.
- Double exposure: Using this you can overlay other images onto your primary image with a control over it’s opacity. There are also 6 different filters which could be used as per convinience.
- Text: Text can be added using several preset styles with a finetune on opacity.
- Frames: As the name suggests, it provides you with 23 different preset frames.
- EXPORT tab gives you the option to save your photo with the settings that you had custom set inside of settings. You can also share the edited image directly.
- On the top right corner, there are 3 icons. The first one with stacked layers & an arrow from right to left, can be used to undo or redo any editing that was done previously.
How to Download Snapseed for PC Using Emulator
- Read the emulator section above & download the application, here we are concerned with : Bluestacks.
- Install the downloaded application & allow the permissions required for it to run on your PC without any issues.
- Once installation is completed, launch, Bluestack on your PC, & like every android device on it’s first day or after factory reset, sign into your Gmail account so as to get access to playstore.
- Launch Playstore & search for Snapseed in the search bar, once it comes up, download & install the application.
- Once installed, open the application from the home page.
- Once opened allow all the permissions asked for. Once done, voila! You are ready to edit your photos.
Pros and Cons of installing Snapseed for PC using Emulator:
a) Premium editing tools for Pro level editing.
b) Completely free(No in-app purchases)
c) Simplistic yet efficient user interface.
a) It crashes sometimes without the edited image being saved.
b) Tools have a bit of a learning curve to use effectively.
So guys this was an article about how to download Snapseed for PC we mentioned how to do it with the latest version, If you still have any doubts regarding Snapseed for PC then comment down below we will try to help you in the best way.
This is an application, which has made premium level editing possible on mobile devices. It is a hassle-free application that we can use in our mundane lives, to make it a little vivid. It is best suited for on the go editing as well. Try it out for yourself, & you will get to know what I have rambled about.