Are you looking to fix Err_cache_miss then you are on the right place as we will be telling you how you can fix Err_cache_miss easily with different ways.
Many users and web developers face an error like err_cach_miss on google chrome and are clueless about it. There are many possible causes that lead to this error. Mostly cases, when applications are tested by developers. This guide below will tell you what is the error, how it is caused and ways to solve it. Follow each instruction carefully and try to find out what made the error occur.
What is err_ cache_miss?
Err_cache_miss is an error that occurs on google chrome due to problems with the caching system. The caching system, in particular, maybe regarding a certain website or a wrong code on the website. If your browser contains bugs and corrupt extensions you may face this error.
There are three main situations when you might face the error err_cache _miss in google chrome – In this article, we will tell you how you can easily fix Err_cache_miss without any issues faced further.
Those situations being-
- While using a chrome development tool.
- While accessing certain websites.
- When using your own websites.
Table of Contents
How to Solve this error Err_cache_miss
You can follow the steps mentioned below to fix this error depending on your situation.
Before doing this make sure your google chrome browser is updated to the latest version so that you won’t face any bugs.
First, check that your internet is working properly. To do so open new sites on chrome to check if they are working properly then the internet connection is not the cause of the error.
If you face this error while using google development tool
To solve this update to the latest version of google chrome. Even with the latest version of Chrome, you face this error, try these methods:
- When using the development tool, disable the cache system to avoid any error.
- You can disable the cache system by pressing Ctrl + Shift+ I and further F1 and
- select Disable cache.
- Reload the web page. To do so press Ctrl + F5.
- Remove any code that is used for analytics to test.if the problem is solved, consider not to use the code any further.
- To solve this error remove unnecessary plugins that are connected to your device.
If you face this error while accessing certain websites.
When you’re trying to use certain websites and they don’t load, instead an err_ cach_ miss error appears to follow these steps-
- If the website is updating itself an error may appear. Wait till the update process is over.
- Sometimes the data files stored on your browser may be corrupted which causes the error to occur. Clear all your google chrome browsing data files to solve the error.
How to clear browsing data-
- Open Chrome on your device.
- On the right top corner of the chrome, home screen click the three-dot icon.
- Select settings.
- On the left side of the screen swipe to the bottom and select Advanced.
- You will see an option named- clear browsing data.
- Click on it.
- A box will appear with three options – browsing history, Cookies, and other data, cache images and files.
- Mark all of them.
- Restart chrome and the error should disappear.
- The spam software on your windows needs to be removed which creates this error.
To do this-
- Press Windows key+ R key.
- A run command will open.
- Type ‘ appwiz.cpl.’
- And press enter.
- The program and feature window will open.
- Locate the software that is not used and delete them.
- If the network router is running continuously, it needs a break to go back to normal by rebooting your network device.
- Switch off the network device.
- Unplug the power cable from the router.
- After some time plug the power cable back to the router.
- And test your browser.
- Errors can be caused by toolbars and spam programs. Consider uninstalling them at the earliest.
If you face this error while using your own website.
Don’t worry, this isn’t because your website may be having a wrong code, in fact, the google browser may be at fault.
- Flush DNS
- On windows follow this easy command prompt to solve it.
- Click the windows start icon.
- Select Command Prompt from the list or Windows Powershell ( on windows 10)
- Type the commands given below following the same order.
- After typing a command press Enter to execute it
- netsh int ip set dns
- netsh winsock reset
After executing these commands, restart your system. Once done, you won’t face the issues on the browser.
HOW TO DISABLE WEB EXTENSIONS
- Open chrome.
- Click on the address bar and type – chrome://extensions and press Enter.
Select the three vertical dot icon, open more tools and select extensions
- Check the list of the extensions that are enabled and disenable the ones that are unfamiliar
- To do so, beside each extension a small box is present, uncheck it
Select the delete( trash can ) icon.
Now restart the browser.
HOW TO RESET CHROME
While performing this you will lose all your saved bookmarks, passwords, forms, and other information. First, save everything you need and then proceed.
- Open chrome
- Click on the address bar and type – chrome://settings and press Enter.
Select the three vertical dot icon, open settings.
On the left side of the screen you will see an Advanced option.
Under it select the reset button.
Another prompt will appear regarding reset.
Click on the reset option.
After following the above methods the last step that you have to take is to use the Chrome Cleanup Tool. That scans your device and removes software that appears to cause any problem while using chrome.
You can download the program from the internet.
Use any of the above-mentioned methods to solve the error of Err_cache_miss and disable any kind of cache plugin. Try to get to the root cause for the best results.